An excursion to Pamukkale and the ancient city of Hierapolis is possible from various places in Turkey. This can be done as a day trip but it is also possible to spend a night in one of the hotels in the area. The nearest city to Pamukkale is Denizli. The distance between Denizli and Pamukkale is 19 kilometers (12 miles).
By minibus (dolmus)
The main bus station in Denizli is called Denizli Otogar bus station. From there you have to take a minibus to go to Pamukkale. These buses depart every 15 to 20 minutes from Platform Gate 76 on the lower level of the station. Look at the front window of the bus for a sign with Pamukkale on it, just to be sure you’re on the right bus.
If you would like to travel faster or visit more places, you could rent a car. The roads are well maintained and Pamukkale is easy to find because of the clear signs showing the directions. You will be in Pamukkale in 20 minutes by car.
You can also take a taxi to Pamukkale from Denizli. The price of the taxi ride will be a little higher than a minibus. Make sure you agree on a price with the driver before you get in the taxi.
What can you do in Pamukkale?
• Pamukkale is famous for its white travertines and hot springs. You can swim in these mineral hot springs, so don’t forget your swimming suit. Keep in mind that you will have to pay an additional fee to enter Cleopatra’s Pool.
• Visit the ancient city of Hierapolis because the Roman Theatre should not be missed.
• Walk on the white travertines and enjoy the view. Bring an extra bag for your shoes as you’re only allowed to walk barefoot. This white hill looks like a cotton castle and is one of the most photogenic places in Turkey.
• Go to Karahayit if you would like to try a mud bath. These mineral hot springs are only 5 kilometers from Pamukkale.
• Would you like to see Pamukkale from the air? There are hot air balloon rides, paragliding and Gyrocopter flights available in Pamukkale.
Read More – Pamukkale Balloon Tour
Read More – Excursions in Pamukkale